Hello again, my faithful readers!
This first week of no school has been pretty productive (HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT ON MY END). Not only have I mastered iMovie and the world of editing, I have been able to finish my model and upload three vlogs (the fourth one will hopefully be up later today)! I have decided to upload a video every 2-3 days. I have also decided to adjust my methods. Let me explain:
Instead of just having one channel that has the model applied to it in hopes that it will garner 100+ views, I realized that I should also have a control group. To do this, I made another channel. For both YouTube channels, I will upload the same vlog so the content will remain the same in both channels, but how I edit the vlogs will be different. The control videos will not have any special effects, music, or other things listed in my model; the videos will only be stitched together loosely and then uploaded. By having two channels to compare, I am hoping that this will make my model more reliable and make it easier to recognize the difference between a channel that doesn’t use the model versus one that does. So far, the channel with the model is doing better.
This upcoming week, I plan to start writing my literature review, methods, and introduction. Let’s hope week 2 will be as productive if not more than week 1.